Why should I have my air conditioning evaporator coils cleaned?
Your coil sits above the heat exchanger and looks a lot like a radiator which air passes, through some systems have 2 coils in the furnace known as an evaporator coil / "A" coil and a secondary (condensing) heat exchanger, eventually build-up of dirt and grime clog the coil. This causes the air conditioning unit to run less efficiently using more energy. This places more pressure on the system causing mechanical breakdowns.
Fact did you know 1/16 inch of matted dirt on a coil can reduce the efficiency by up to 21%?
More Frequently Asked Questions
- How often should I have my HVAC system cleaned?
- How long does it take to have the furnace and ductwork cleaned?
- Is Prairie Dust Busters work guaranteed?
- Do I need to wait all day or do you give time frames for my appointment?
- How skilled or trained is your HVAC cleaning staff?